HEART FILLED HUMP DAYS
To view an introductory video on this series click here.
Did you know the heart is mentioned in scripture nearly 1,000 times? Actually, I couldn’t find another body part mentioned more often than the heart in the Bible except for hands.
Anything mentioned that often demands my attention.
As we begin this series together, I clearly want us to deepen our scriptural knowledge and understand the heart’s importance, but that’s not my primary concern. The Pharisee’s were perhaps those most educated in God’s law and yet, Jesus said, “in vain they worship me.”
Jesus came for our hearts. Our whole hearts. If you’re like me, you don’t always know how to give it. You may not always know what that really looks like.
Through this series, my prayer is for us to:
- Examine our own hearts in ways we never have.
- As we do, let’s invite Christ into every place. Those exposed and those that are hidden.
- Ask God to examine our hearts in ways we’ve never asked.
- What do you see Lord?
- Draw near to God with our whole hearts.
- May we learn to run quickly to our Father’s lap for the intimacy and closeness we long for, knowing there we are loved and accepted.
They may be simple in concept, but it may not be easy to get there. It is a process and often a long one. A lifelong one.
God made a beautiful promise to Jeremiah.
Call unto me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you know not.… Click To Tweet
As we dig through God’s word throughout this series and as we call unto Him, I have no doubt He will answer us and show us great and mighty things we didn’t know.
Until next week beloved.
From the heart,
Posted on: July 26, email@example.com